Spectacular, relaxed and nestled high along the famous Powder Highway in the BC Rockies, Panorama is a family ski holiday gem that Canadians wish they could keep quiet about. But with locals this welcoming, scenery this breathtaking and skiing this good, it was only a matter of time before word got out.
And with early bird deals still available – when most big resorts are heavily booked – now is the perfect time for your snow loving family to get to know this intimate resort just hours from Calgary.
Things you’ll love about Panorama
- 100% ski-in and ski out accommodation
- Runs for everyone – 20% beginner, 55% intermediate, 25% advanced
- Fantastic adult/kids ski school programs and day-care
- Advanced nirvanas Taynton Bowl, Devil’s Drop, Never Never Land and heli-skiing
- Canada’s largest slope-side hot spring pools
- The relaxed, warm vibe of the staff and resort
- Some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in the world
- PanoPass includes unlimited skiing/riding, cross-country, snowshoeing tubing, tobogganing and night skiing
Blue Powder Insider Tip, Mick’s says “After a day on the slopes, sink into one of the huge hot tubs at the bottom of the mountain. There’s nothing like relaxing in 40C water while the snow comes down“
Let it powder, let it powder, let it powder
Amazing snow conditions and services to match make Panorama the dreamiest of winter playgrounds – whether you’re happiest riding the gentle beginner’s carpet lift, exploring green and blue runs, or conquering North America’s big-daddy of double black vertical drops. A ski holiday in this spellbinding little corner of the globe is an unforgettable way for you and your family to experience the Canadian Rockies together, in all its winter glory:
- 5m snowfall, 125 named trails and over 1152 hectares of skiable terrain
- 10 lifts (3 express) with almost no queues
- Dry champagne powder dumps often untracked for days
- Experience everything from wide-open pistes to powder-filled tree lines and bowls
- Backcountry, cat, heli and nordic skiing and boarding
Blue Powder Insider Tip, Mick’s says “At the top of the Summit Quad Chair, take a moment to savour the view of 1000 Peaks, it will take your breath away.”
Kids love Panorama ski fun (and so do Mum and Dad)
From beginners to advanced, tots to teens, kids of all ages have the time of their life learning and making new friends in Panorama.
- Wee Wascals Daycare – 18 months to 5 yrs, half and full day
- Snowbirds program – private 1 hour lesson for 3-5yrs
- Minis – group 2 hour lesson for 3-5yrs (3 kids max.)
- Family private ski lessons
- Beginner area also has foam toys to engage kids as they ease into the comfort of being on a hill and on skis.
- Kids 5 and under are free on lifts
Blue Powder Insider Tip, Mick’s says “Let the kids go wild in the Mile 1 Quad snow play area. I highly recommend the Secret Forest and Fort Hide ‘N’ Seek slippery dips.”
A Beginner and Intermediate skier’s smorgasbord
Expert skiers have always swooned at Panorama’s ability to thrill, excite and satisfy on the slopes. So, over the past four years the resort has focused much of its attention – and millions of investment dollars – into building a wonderland for new and intermediate skiers and snowboard riders too.
- Discovery Zone is one of the world’s best areas for beginners or anyone looking to ski easier terrain.
- Loads of adult lesson options – half/full day private or group, skiing with pros for 3 days, etc
- Large beginners area with a 135m long carpet lift
- Fantastic lift system accessing all beginner and intermediate terrain including slopes for children.
- Dozens of green and blue runs to entertain all tastes and skill levels
- Boarders of all levels can venture to Rockstar Terrain Park for ski-cross, jumps, hips, spines, rails, boxes and freestyle moguls
- Wide open groomers, winding down from the summit right to the village or your condo
Blue Powder Insider Tip, Mick’s says “Try Campbell’s Canyon for a beautiful scenic ski off the main mountain runs.”
Corduroy cruisers, vertical drops, powdery, long, fast, meandering…every advanced skier has their own idea of the ideal run. That’s why Panorama is such an exciting place to clip on your skies or board and head for the peaks.
Here you’ll find that rare blend of awe-inspiring conditions, terrain and services that manage to please all the people, all of the time.
- One of the highest mountains in North America (1,220 metres vertical from top)
- Revel in the fabulously long groomed single black runs on the front of the mountain
- Take on steep-and-powder-deep black run paradise Taynton Bowl, a former heli-skiing area now inbounds
- Drop in to the Extreme Dream Zone and see if your turns are tighter than the spacing of the trees.
- Have a shot of high-altitude adrenaline at Devil’s Drop or the 5.5km Never Never Land.
- Heli ski the spectacular scenery, expansive glaciers and glades of Purcell Mountains.
- Discover over 20km of trails groomed for classic Nordic skiing
Blue Powder Insider Tip, Mick’s says “For a thrill take a short hike to the double-black runs on Trayton Bowl. Looking from the top you think it’s impossible to make the turns, but you can, and the sensation is amazing!”
Panorama Village – ski-in ski-out and walk all about
The compact and cosy pedestrian village means a good selection of dining, shopping, spa and entertainment options are never far away. There’s also a free five-minute gondola ride between the Upper and Lower Village so you can park your car and leave it.
- Choose from an abundance of ski in and out mountain-base condos, townhouses, hotels and more.
- Apres-ski, pull off your boots and submerge into one of the heavenly slope side hot pools – all lodging guests receive free entry!
- Head to the Summit Hut on Panorama Mountain for cheese and chocolate fondue by the wood burning fire
- Indulge in a Deep Heat Treatment at the on mountain spa
- Jump on a free shuttle bus to explore the shops in Invermere (20mins away)
- Feed the clan with a hearty meal at Wildfire Rustic Grill and Earl Grey Lodge
- Refuel grumbling tummies with a Thunderbird Pizza pitstop
- Check out Wee Wascals daycare for a huge range of kids events and activities
- Shoot some pucks or skate with the kids on the ice rink
- Hire fat-tire bikes and go for a peddle along the Nordic ski trails
- Take a ride on a sleigh or snowmobile tour into the Purcell wilderness
- Snowshoe through dust-soft snow on trails surrounding the village enjoying spectacular scenery
- Tube and toboggan from the top of the Red Carpet conveyor lift
- And if you can’t drag yourself to après, go night skiing Thurs – Sat
Daily flights from Australia to Calgary with a 3.5 hour shuttle transfer to Panorama