High in the snowy peaks of British Columbia reclines the very laid-back and friendly Silver Star ski resort. Dressed in vibrant coloured Victorian buildings and a white sea of snow coated ghost trees, it almost looks like you’ve stepped in to a Hans Christian Anderson story.
No, Silver Star isn’t the resort skiers and boarders flock to for wild après nightlife. Instead it’s the place they keep coming back to for its enchanting combination of little town charm and big powder mountain delights.
What You’ll Love About Silver Star:
- Mid-mountain ski-in, ski-out access from the village
- The 7m per season of 100% natural snow – snowmaking machine be gone!
- Lapping up Canada’s third largest ski area, without the crowds
- The new heated high speed 8 seater Gondola (July 2018) which will service 16% of the terrain, 3 times faster.
- Silver Star boasts ‘the Best Nordic Skiing in North America’
- The all-access SilverStar Lift Pass that also includes many non-ski activities
- Exploring the safe, quaint, village centre, shops, restaurants, cafes and more
- Chilled out après ski time at the end of an amazing day on the snow
- Bringing young kids to see Santa at Christmas or enjoy spring skiing in Easter holidays
- Saving with free kids skiing and regular accommodation/lift pass bundle deals
Skiing and Boarding for all Levels and Appetite
Silver Star has four unique mountain faces offering 1,328 ha of skiable terrain. This includes the terrain close to the village that’s ideal for fun and relaxed learning. But don’t let this genteel introduction pull the balaclava over your eyes.
Intermediate skiers and boarders are lavished in choice, from long blue cruiser runs to Rockstar Park adventures and more.
While over the mountain, advanced and expert skiers can take on an abundance of steep and deep, thrill-a-second, black and double black diamonds.
- Feast on the expansive resort terrain, without battling crowds
- 132 marked runs, longest run 8km. 15% Beginners, 40% Intermediate, 35% Advanced, 10% Extreme
- Average 7m of snow a season with 23ft snowbase
- All-natural snow – 100% preservative and snowmaker machine free!
- We especially love Spring for its snow falls, long days, mild weather, sunshine and great deals (and some of Silver Star’s biggest snow dumps happen in March!)
Beginners, Kids and Ski School
- Learn to ski with Canada’s highest trained instructors at Snowsports School
- Drop off little ones at Star Kids Daycare (18mths to 5 yrs)
- Novice kids and adults love to ride the magic carpets and green runs in The Zone next to the village.
- Confident beginners can explore long trails off the Comet 6-pack chair and Silver Woods.
- Bask in the groomed runs and corduroy galore at Vance Creek
- Take on the green, blue, tree and short black runs of Silver Woods, Comet and Attridge.
- Plenty of blue run and glades for snowboarders too
Advanced and Expert
- Your playground is the 1900-acre Putnam Creek a.k.a ‘The Back Side’
- Sensational blue, black, double black powder runs
- Some runs are long, steep and fast, others with perfectly spaced trees to explore
- Conquer Alder Point and the Powder Gulch Express
- Take the double black diamond challenge – all 16 runs in one day
Every Boarder can be a Rockstar
- The Rockstar Terrain Park is a safe and progressive terrain park & rail garden spanning a whopping 16 acres
- Features rails and jumps for beginner, intermediate and advanced snowboarders
Unique Skiing Adventures
- Experience Nordic skiing over Canada’s biggest cross-country network, enjoying the spectacular terrain and views.
- Ski under the stars on well-lit and groomed runs every Friday and Saturday night until Mar 31
- Splurge on a heliskiing adventure with 53,000 skiable hectares of powder at your beck and call
Silver Star Lift Pass Includes Activities too
Along with access to all the mountain action and Nordic trails, you can use it to:
- explore 16 km of dedicated snowshoe trails through giant Christmas trees
- play ice hockey on a frozen mountain pond
- Laugh all the way downhill tubing at Tube Town
- Fat Biking around 15km of snow trails
More action In and Out of the Snow
In addition to all the fun listed above you’ll want to make time for:
- Pinheads – world’s only ski-in ski-out bowling alley
- Mini snow-mobiles for kids
- figure skating on the lake
- a horse-drawn sleigh ride
- a snowcat dinner tour.
Magical Silver Star village
Whether you’re discovering the magic of white winter on the slopes for the first time or you’ve holidayed at other resorts before, there’s nothing quite like Silver Star anywhere else.
The colourful and intimate fairy tale village is lined with shops, cafes and restaurants, all within a short walk. It has a safe, family feel to it that you’ll love even if you’re here sans kids.
For Dining and Après Ski Fun:
- Head to Bugaboos for he best coffees and freshly baked treats on the mountain
- Cut the rug to live music at The Antler and Long Johns Pub
- The Antler also serves smoked meats and offers on-tap; 11 beers, cider plus house wines from Hester Creek Winery
- At Den Bar and Bistro, Aussie Head chef Matt Sutton caters to kids, adults and everyone in between (plus curries on Global Spice Thursday evenings)
- The Final Run Bar & Bistro next to Pinheads Bowling offers full bar service from an incredible Ice Bar
- Load the family into a horse drawn sleigh for a Wild Horseman’s Cabin Dinner Tour – warm up with a mug of hot chocolate and a freshly baked treat, or stay for a buffet dinner.
- The Lookout Café in the old Forestry lookout station has mid-skiing lattes, snacks, treats and stunning views.
- Fuel up at HB Pizza for pizzas by the slice or whole, lasagna, salad, meat pies and dessert squares
- Catch an ice hockey game and root for the Vernon Vipers, or get Elo Duo Boosting services nest to fireplace
Getting to Silver Star
Fly from Australia to Kelowna, BC via Vancouver, then 1 hour by coach.
Take a look at our Silver Star accommodation and package deals.